What Does Following Mean on Facebook?
Facebook follow feature gives you the chance to add as a friend and follow that person without a friend. Generally, friend requests cannot be sent to celebrity accounts, but we can follow them. Celebrities can use the tracking feature, and any Facebook user can use this feature as they wish. It can be used in different ways to see followers on Facebook.
In addition, Facebook offers us the opportunity to follow the friend request we send to any Facebook user, even if it is rejected by that person.
How to See Followers on Facebook?
To see the list of people who follow you on Facebook, you must follow these steps:
- Open the Facebook app on your iPhone or Android device.
- Tap the icon with three horizontal lines.
- Tap your name.
- Scroll down the page and tap the About tab. This tab is located next to the Photos tab in the tab bar under Descriptive Text and Profile Information.
- Tap the #people are following tab. The number of people who follow you is displayed in the ‘Personal Information’ section at the top of the ‘About’ page. Tap this tab to open the Followers page with a full list of your followers.
Seeing Facebook Followers from Computer
If you are going to use a computer to see followers on Facebook, you need to follow these very simple steps:
- Open Facebook in your internet browser.
- Go to your profile page.
- Click on the Friends tab. It’s between the Info and Photos tabs at the top of the navigation bar below the cover photo.
- Click the Followers tab under the Friends tab. This will open the All Friends tab in your friends list. To see the full list of followers, select the Followers tab at the bottom right of the tab bar under Friends.
- If you don’t see the Followers tab, click the More tab in the Friends section. Next, you will see a drop-down menu where you will find the Followers option.
Making Followers Settings on Facebook
Your followers can see your posts in News Feed. By default, your friends can follow your posts, but you can allow non-friends to follow your social posts.
To choose people to follow you, all you have to do is select the “Public” section on the right side of the screen. But if you don’t want him to follow you in this environment, it is enough to stay as “Friend”. This way, no one who is not your friend can follow you.
In the Facebook follower settings you can:
- Who can follow me: You can choose who can follow your account from this menu. Here you can turn off the tracking system via the menu.
- Follower comments: You can manage your followers’ permissions to comment on your posts here.
- Follower alerts: You can edit the notifications your followers send you here.
What Happens When A Friend Unfollows You On Facebook?
Facebook users are completely free to follow or unfollow anyone they want. If you unfollow a friend, that person’s posts will no longer appear on your timeline.
It is very difficult for your friend to realize this situation. Because in order to see the followers on Facebook, you need to see the followers one by one. Also, when you unfollow your friend, no notification will be sent to them. Unfollowing your friend does not mean unfriending. You stay friends with that person on Facebook. Only posts won’t appear on your timeline.
Unlock Facebook Followers
If users with a full friends list want to follow other Facebook users, they must enable the follower feature. The Facebook friends list can contain up to 5,000 people. This feature is preferred to reach more people. People who follow you can access your timeline and comment on your messages.
This Facebook feature is initially disabled on each account. The following steps can be taken to open Facebook followers:
- Click the down arrow icon in the upper right.
- Settings and privacy settings are selected.
- Go to the public posts option on the left.
- In the “Public Post Filters and Tools” tab that opens, the “Who Can Follow Me” section is taken into account.
- This section is changed from “Friends” to “Public”.
- Completes the process of unblocking Facebook followers.
- If your account is in public mode, the process of opening your account has been successfully completed.
Facebook Followers Disable
Some users may not want their accounts to be public. This privacy feature is also available on social media tools like Instagram and Twitter. To close Facebook followers, the above-mentioned Facebook follower opening actions must be repeated sequentially. Finally, the ‘General’ section should be replaced with ‘Friends’. With this feature, you can limit who can follow you and